Community Art Therapy Programs
Our Community Art Therapy Programs are modeled after our philosophy that art making is central to the healing process. Programs utilize creative art therapy techniques in group settings to focus on specific concerns and various approaches to art using painting, drawing, collage, sculpture and more.
Community Art Therapy Programs are provided on a quarterly basis throughout the year. Our credentialed art therapists are especially equipped to work with emotional, cognitive, or physical limitations and are fully adaptable to the needs of our artists.
We believe everyone can benefit from participating in art therapy, this is why all of our Community Art Therapy Programs are open to everyone, no referral needed. We also provide income-based financial assistance for those who qualify, please contact us at 216-791-9303 for more information.
Register for Community Art Therapy Programs
Click here to view our Art Therapy Programming Schedule
Click here to view our evening “drop-in” program Breathe, Relax, Create
First Time Participants
Starting something new can be intimidating, especially with people you don’t know. We encourage those interested in participating with Art Therapy Studio’s Community Art Therapy Programs to reach out to schedule a site visit with us and meet with our Clinical Director Cheryl Pete to discuss how we can support you in accessing quality art therapy. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 216-791-9303 to set up an appointment.
What You Need To Know Before Registering
- No art skills needed.
- Not all programs take place at our location in the Fairhill Partners Building. Please confirm location and your ability to attend before signing up for a program.
- Supplies are included.
- Financial assistance is available based on income (see below).
- Payment for programs are due at the time of registration. There will be no make-up classes or refunds.
- Class confirmation will be emailed out a week before sessions start.
- Space is limited and classes fill up quickly!
- No sessions will be held on major holidays.
- In case of inclement weather, all Community Art Therapy classes will be cancelled if Cleveland City Schools has a snow day. If we have inclement weather but Cleveland City Schools is not cancelled, individual classes may be cancelled. Students will be notified of cancellation by their art therapist.
Financial assistance will be determined by a sliding scale based on household income. If your household earns $25,520 or less annually, you qualify for a 50% reduction of your registration fee. If your household earns less than $12,760 annually, you qualify for a 75% registration fee reduction. Financial assistance only applies to our Community Art Therapy Programs and excludes special events, individual sessions, and the Breathe, Relax, Create series. Please contact our offices at 216-791-9303 for information on how to apply for financial assistance and register for upcoming Community Art Therapy sessions.