What to Know Before Registering for Art Therapy
- First Time Participants
Starting something new can be intimidating, especially with people you don’t know. This is why we require all first time participants to schedule a "Meet & Greet" tour with one of our Art Therapy Studio New Client Liaisons by completing this form or by calling our Office Manager at 216-791-9303. Our New Client Liaison will work with you to schedule a convenient time to visit our Studio and answer any questions you have about receiving services, billing & cost of receiving services, recommend classes to register for, and give you a tour of Studio.
- What You Need To Know Before Registering
- The Registration Fee for all Community Art Therapy Programs is $175, unless noted otherwise. Additional fees may apply. All Registration and other fees are subject to change.
- No art skills needed.
- No referral needed.
- We do not accept health insurance at this time.
- Financial assistance is available based on income (see below).
- Not all programs take place at our location in the Fairhill Partners Building. Please confirm location and your ability to attend before signing up for a program.
- Virtual programs are available.
- Supplies are included.
- Payment for programs are due at the time of registration. There will be no make-up classes or refunds.
- Class confirmation will be emailed out a week before sessions start.
- Space is limited and classes fill up quickly!
- No sessions will be held on major holidays.
- In case of inclement weather, all Community Art Therapy classes will be cancelled if Cleveland City Schools has a snow day. If we have inclement weather but Cleveland City Schools is not cancelled, individual classes may still be cancelled. Students will be notified of cancellation by their art therapist.
- Financial Assistance
Financial assistance is available and determined by a sliding scale based on household income. For more information and to find out if you are eligible please follow the link to our Fee Reduction Eligibility Policy or call our office at 216-791-9303.
- Payments Accepted
Payment is due upon registration. We accept payment for registration in cash, most major credit cards, and check.
If you have made a payment via check or e-check (ACH) and the check is returned from the bank as dishonored (a.k.a. “bounced”), a $25 check fee will be applied. We will notify individuals when we have received a returned check and provide them with an opportunity to pay the fee and balance due within 5 business days, after which the registration will be cancelled if payment arrangements haven’t been made. In addition, individuals who have paid with a returned check will be requested to pay via cash or credit card for all future transactions.
- Cancellations and Refunds
Registration fees for our Community Art Therapy programs are to paid in their entirety, whether you attend all the sessions or not. We do not reimburse or adjust fees for missed sessions.
Your payment for registration reserves your spot in the program(s) for which you have signed up to attend. Since we have limited spots available, we have updated our refund policy to encourage individuals who need to cancel to do so in enough time for someone else to fill the open spot. We offer a full money back refund for cancellations up to 7 days prior to the first date of the program(s) in which you are registered to attend. We offer a 50% refund for cancellations up to 3 days prior to the first date of the program(s) for which you are registered to attend. We do not give refunds for registration if you cancel 48 hours (about 2 days) or less before the first date for the program(s) for which you are registered to attend. There are no refunds for session days you do not attend. If Art Therapy Studio needs to cancel a session day, we will do our best to schedule a make-up date which will be offered at the end of the program.
Every Community Art Therapy program has an enrollment minimum of 4 people for the program to run. If the program fails to achieve 4 enrollments a week before the program begins, participants will be notified and offered the option to transfer to another open program or receive a refund.
Refunds will be issued in the method in which the initial payment was received. We do not hold refunds as “store credit” for future registrations. Once you have cancelled your registration your refund will be issued within 24-48 hours (about 2 days).